Monday, July 20, 2009

Experiment in Different Media

My mom instilled in me a love of comics from an early age. Now that I don't get a paper with comics, anymore, I have turned to the web to get my fix.

I love webcomics. My current list of daily visits includes XKCD, Pictures for Sad Children, Doonesbury, Questionable Content, Penny Arcade, Garfield Minus Garfield, Bunny, Exploding Dog and Dog Hates Me.

Some are serious, some are political, some are silly, some are funny. I could be doing something more worthwhile like reading the news, but the comics gives me a good start to my day of avoiding Michael Jackson coverage.

Today I had the idea of drawing comics for this blog. Nothing fancy - and it'll probably be considered a cheap imitation of XKCD, but I think I've actually been doing stick figure cartoons for longer than XKCD has been around. My "Storming of the Met" series was created in December, 2004:



In eighth grade I remember doing a series of political cartoons that I can't find at the moment, and I've been drawing ever since. Maybe this will just be a failed experiment, but it will be an experiment nonetheless. Of course, now that I've actually committed myself to this project, I'm not sure whether my creativity will continue to flow.

Hey bud! We'd like you back next year. Here's a toke'n of our appreciation.
"It was, of course, a joint effort."

No comments:

Post a Comment