Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Links

Ithaca Times: Breaking New Ground
All interviews were done in a two and a half-hour span Monday evening. If there hadn't been a dinner mishap, it might have been done by midnight. I think, however, that it's the best piece I have ever written at 5:00 in the morning.

Ithaca Times: Higher Education
Ever wondered how college town economy like Ithaca's differentiates and even insulates it from the outside? It's a question I've been asking myself very frequently as of late.

Cake
The eco-friendly, human rights-friendly band gives away cherry tree saplings at its shows. Check out the "News" and "Weekly" sections for random and/or insightful tidbits on music, politics, religion, food and science. No RSS feed, but this is one to keep an eye on.

The ecological disaster that is dolphin safe tuna
Apparently "dolphin safe" also means "everything else in danger." (via Cake)

After Last Season
This is a real movie. People have seen it.

A Piece of History
Why yes, the Ithaca Times does have me do advertorials. This is probably the only one I've enjoyed doing. It's owned by a really nice couple, former Ithaca professors.

The Campbell Brothers
I have heard the gospel, and I believe. But seriously, I'd buy a CD if I was not working on a preview article on them. I've learned recently that MySpace is actually a great way to discover new music and listen to it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment